Recipe Development Manager

Recipe Development Manager: Mike Tarnapoll

• Serves as the intermediary between theme and food development.
  • Works closely with Chef Harold and the Financial Head to develop creative dishes that follow financial, nutrition, and thematic criterion.
  • Oversees inventory procurement, and works closely with Chef Jacob to purchase inventory using the CBOARD Foodservice Suite system.
  • Must coordinate food preparation on days prior to and the day of the event. Prior cooking experience, preferably in a food service role, is a must.
  • Is proficient in creating cuisine that is thematically appropriate, while also being nutritionally sound. 

Job Description

Subsidiary Skills: Delegation, Strategic Planning, Staff Management, Communication

Date: February 2nd, 2015

I was responsible for creating and defining the role “Menu Development Manager," including the critical forethought necessary to include all foreseen responsibilities in the role's job description, as well as understanding the nimbleness necessary for its continued success in the face of unanticipated circumstances. Throughout the semester, I worked with Courtney Dennee (“Recipe Development Execution”) to make a seamless transition from the menu-planning phase to the menu execution phase. I also had to keep all team members informed about recipe draft/final ideas, and created production schedules for recipe testing to keep the team’s focus oriented toward the central aspect of our dinner: the food. Moreover, to make certain all aspects of the event were cohesive, I had to work closely with the Entertainment and Decorations committee and the Financial Head.