The presentation posted by this group reminded me a lot of the subject matter of the Sanitation and Water group. The challenge is clear: to find a creative way to effectively manage waste in Tanzania for the Dell Social Innovation Challenge. The presentation explores the health effects of this pollution and explores composting as a way to manage this waste. Their ultimate goal is to reduce trash burning in Moshi by making composting in communities an incentivized and sustainable practice. Composting is thought of as a more typically Western practice. But why couldn't it also work in developing countries? The way in which this group proposes composting as a method to manage waste in Moshi would help not only to preserve and better the environment, but would also benefit the health of the people in the communities involved.

This type of unsanitary waste management is a problem in Nepal as shown in the video, and reminds me of the sort of problems with waste management going on in Senegal. Much of the polluted scenery in the video looked very familiar to me; the same exists in Senegal. I wonder if the composting proposition is practical in implementable in other developing villages and nations besides Moshi and Nepal.

Are there certain conditions, which allow this proposition for waste management to work in only places like Moshi and Nepal? Can composting have these benefits in any setting? Should all socioeconomic groups compost (even those who have means to safely dispose of their waste)?